THERE has been a strong response so far to Kildare GAA’s call for volunteers to support the HSE it’s fight against Covid-19.
Currently over 240 GAA Volunteers on live volunteer GAA register and more are still sought.
The Skills Sets reflected so far include:
- Health Care Assistants
- Admin support
- Prison Officers / Gardaí / Military, both serving and retired
- IT Support – Creation of live register which is game changer
14 GAA Clubs offered facilities for possible alternative testing sites if needed
- Manguard Plus COE was reviewed as potential alternative testing site last Saturday 21 March but is not being used at the moment.
- HSE Priority Healthcare facilities
- Maynooth Nursing Healthcare Facility centred on Region 6 North Kildare Clubs
- Athy Nursing Healthcare Facility centred on Region 1 Sth Kildare Clubs
- Naas Hospital centred on Region 3 – Naas surrounding Clubs.
- In addition, HSE also referenced homecare, if required in Kildare.
- Currently liaison ongoing between GAA HQ and National Vetting Bureau ( Gardaí I think) regarding best way to process vetting required by HSE. HSE have developed a joint agreement to fast-track vetting. Martina has been working with Croke Park and hopefully Monday will allow vetting to commence.
- Next step after vetting is the delivery of mandatory training using both online and small workshops before volunteers can be deployed in support of facilities etc.
- Kildare GDA’s may deliver this, if required.
- Kildare GAA Sponsors that have offered support
- Haven Hire offered lighting and digital signage to HSE in support of testing centres
- Croi Laighean offered fleet of transport to support logistically
- Manguard Plus offered training in security if required. This fell from a request for volunteers to support a HSE Facility last weekend. Manguard Plus have also offered further support, if required.
Kildare GAA reiterated – “It’s important that Club volunteers are aware of what steps are currently taking place as part of HSE initiative. Once vetting is completed, Club Volunteers will be contacted directly by HSE, if required, for training prior to deployment. HSE will select Volunteers based on skills sets required.”