Twenty-nine of those cases are in Co Kildare.
9 of the deaths occurred in March, 1 occurred in February and 4 in January or earlier.
The median age of those who died was 80 years and the age range was 59-94 years.
There has been a total of 4,419 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Friday 5th March, the HPSC has been notified of 539 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 222,699* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 295 are men / 240 are women
- 69% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 245 in Dublin, 42 in Meath, 29 in Kildare, 26 in Limerick, 24 in Cork and the remaining 173 cases are spread across 19 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 414 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 101 are in ICU. 22 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours. Ten patients were being treated in Naas Hospital for Covid 19.
As of March 3rd, 474,645 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
328,598 people have received their first dose
- 146,047 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.