The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 9 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
3 of these deaths occurred in January, 2 in February, 3 in March and 1 in April.
There has been a total of 4,727 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Monday 5th April, the HPSC has been notified of 443 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 238,907* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 239 are men / 203 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 208 in Dublin, 32 in Cork, 24 in Kildare, 20 in Meath, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 142 spread across 19 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 261 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 60 are in ICU. 12 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 3rd 2021, 932,324 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 660,800 people have received their first dose
- 271,524 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 5th April 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
(to midnight 5Apr2021)
|5-Day Moving Average of New Cases||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population
(to 5Apr 2021)
|New Cases during last 14 days
(to 5Apr 2021)
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- 7 day incidence rate is 73.2
- 5 day moving average is 463