Kildare County Childcare Committee (KCCC) and South Dublin County Childcare Committee (SDCCC) are inviting all childcare services and childminders to a fair in the Springfield Hotel in Leixlip on Thursday 1 June.
All are welcome to the event to meet up under one roof to network with other centre-based services and to link in with Kildare’s community business supports.
The event will run from at 5-8pm. There will be recruitment opportunities, upskilling information and the business supports stands with information to support existing services and new services to set up.
The fair will feature information stands from:
– Kildare Local Enterprise Office, which provides practical business support and training to new and existing businesses including childcare businesses in Kildare.
– County Kildare Leader Partnership provides start your own business support and training to people in receipt of social welfare allowances. They also provide business mentorship and support to fill in applications for Back To Work Enterprise Allowance, Short Term Enterprise Allowance, and Enterprise Support Grant information.
– Citizens Information offers a broad range of subjects: social welfare, employment rights, buying a home, moving abroad, education and SUSI grant and Back to Education Supports and much more.
– Canavan Byrne is a management and training company supporting the childcare sector assisting businesses find innovative and cost effective solutions, offering training and HR support to services.
– South East Technological University – SETU Carlow Campus – information on full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the sector.
– Workplace Relations Commission: Advice and support on responsibilities employment rights framework for employers and employees.
– Department of Social Protection: information on Jobs Plus and Work Placement Experience Programme and other supports available to services and information for potential educators for the childcare and education sector.
– National University Ireland Maynooth: Advice on training opportunities in undergraduate and postgraduate courses and options to potential graduates.
– Kildare Education and Training Board provides information on QQI level 5 and 6 in Early Childcare Education Certificate and Special Needs Assistance courses.
– Childminding Ireland: information on membership for childminders and childminding insurance and childminding training.
– Linc provides information on the LINC course which promotes development of inclusive ECCE services. This is a free training for educators and there are financial benefits on completion on LINC for ECCE services.
There will be a jobs board – if you would like us to advertise any staff vacancies at the event, email [email protected] with your advertisement before 30 May.